Sunday, October 12, 2014

"I like my money right were I can see it...

... hanging in my closet." Though Carrie did hit the nail on the head with that one, I was always more of a Samantha/Charlotte girl (I know it's odd; I loved Samantha's confidence but still wanted Charlotte's clothes.)

I'm incredibly fortunate to be able to dedicate a room in my home specifically to clothes and makeup. I reorganized today, so the timing is simply too perfect not to share. Despite my best (ok, mediocre) efforts, it won't stay this way for long. 

First things first, makeup and hair product storage. I know the Kardashians are into acrylic storage units, but I had one and can tell you unless you have hired help to clean it weekly, it turns into an abyss caked with MAC eyeshadow. Lesson learned. Now I opt for a few of my graniteware dishes and an old tray that belonged to my grandma. She used to put her perfume on it, but I found that it wasn't the best use of space.

I organize by lips, face, eyes, and products I use daily. I rarely do anything with my lips besides chapstick, so it's surprisingly the largest dish? I've been really into the Bobbi Brown pallette lately and like to switch up mascara, as evidenced by the 32 different tubes. However, in the smallest red bowl are my daily products: an amazing Maybelline concealer I tried on a whim, Bare Minerals, and bronzer. I also tuck perfumes I don't use too often in the back of this drawer. I only like to put items I use daily on the vanity top. 




 I know there's value in a signature scent, but I can't make up my mind. I switch between three Jo Malone perfumes, and a handful of others ranging from Chanel Chance to Estee Lauder Modern Muse. I keep the brushes and mascara primer I use daily in the only arcylic organization piece I have left, only because it's monogrammed. You can't get rid of that, you feel?


I store the remaining eyeshadows, blushes, and bronzers on this perfect little find from TJ Maxx. Again, I keep hair products reserved for daily use on top, but hold onto your seats, there's an entire drawer for the JV squad. 


Same goes for skincare...


OK, we're ready for the good stuff, right?


My grandma, who passed away when I was 14, was my everything. I keep her favorite crystal candlesticks, Madonna portrait she purchased in New York in the '50s, and her Tiffany address book where I can see them daily. 



I like to hang mostly everything, but I keep drawers dedicated to working out, organized by yoga towels, bras, gym tops, hot yoga tops, and pants. 


For someone who doesn't wear t-shirts too often, I have quite a few. I like to stand them up for easy selection. I keep tanks in this drawer, too. I know, brilliant.


A garment rack has been perfect in this space. I rotate clothes weekly so there's always fresh inspiration. I keep pants, skirts, and jackets on the bottom. I know it's a sin, but I prefer to use my sweater organizer to house shoes. I hang everything. 




I keep my goal jeans hanging in plain view for daily inspiration. They are hideous and from Abercrombie (hey, it was 2004!) and I promise to never wear them out of the house. I just want them to fit. 

2 comments:

  1. Thoughts on that Oscar Blandi dry shampoo? Almost bought it yesterday but opted for a Nexxus one instead. Also ♡♡ Bare Minerals, only brand I use on my skin (eyes/lips are another story)! Have you tried the newish liquid BM foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried several others and usually end up going back to Oscar. I also have the powdered form, which can be a little more difficult to use on darker hair. I can't find it around here, but I can tell you the best dry shampoo ever is by Klorane. It's so, so good, and if you can find it, buy all of it. As far as BM, I have been wanting to give their liquid foundation a try, I will once my powder runs out. I'll post a review. xx

      Delete