Tuesday, October 21, 2014

one skirt, three ways | episode two

When I was in elementary school, my mother was absolutely off her rocker and obsessed with my hairstyle and clothing choices. She'll brag to me about this to this day, it's unsettling. Anyway, one day she let me pick my own clothing out. Naturally, I opted for black leggings, Ked's, and a thick, wool blend Beauty and the Beast cardigan with gold buttons. She approved and sent me on my way. Of course, me being the little asshole I was (still am) I walked off the school bus at the end of the day with that chunky cardi tucked into my leggings. She almost fainted, and her hands still sweat when she tells the story.

The point being, this sweater with this skirt reminded me of that story because it's a little big and quite heavy (and would be ridiculous tucked into leggings). However, I'm still into the half tuck with skirts, and I think the proportions work really well. I also adore the quilted satin finish on the front and the mesh cutouts on the sleeves. TJ Maxx came through for me again. To me, this is a really smart way to wear an oversized piece while still flattering your figure.




sweater: cotton innovation via tj maxx | skirt: target | shoes: cole haan ... worth mentioning these are still comfy at 5 p.m. | nails: sally hensen miracle gel

1 comment:

  1. I love that story! What a great way to wear this skirt. I would never guess a striped pencil skirt could be a staple piece, but it CAN!! You are brilliiaaant.

    ReplyDelete